Recipe by *Parsley*
This pork has a light, citrusy sauce that isn't too heavy.
Top Review by mianbao
I thought the meat tasted very nice. The marinade is good. My only problem is with the sauce, which I didn't care for very much. 4 1/2 stars would be more appropriate, but I'm not able to give it. I will use the marinade in the future when cooking pork. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For marinade, combine bell pepper, onion, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, cumin, hot pepper sauce and allspice in blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Remove and refrigerate 1 cup to use for sauce later.
- Using long meat fork or skewer, pierce pork roast deeply all over. Place roast in a plastic ziplock bag. Pour unreserved marinade over roast; seal bag. Refrigerate for 6-12 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove roast from marinade, discard marinade. Sprinkle roast with salt and black pepper.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved 1 cup marinade, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in medium saucepan. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork.