Recipe by alarra
These taste good, look really cute, and are pretty healthy.
Top Review by Some Girl
I've made these twice now, and they tasted amazing both times. I love the texture. I wish mine would puff up like the ones in Alarra's photo, instead the tops sank in and made a little dimple. They still taste great even though they don't look perfect.
- 125 g butter
- 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F.
- Grease muffin trays or use muffin cases.
- Dice butter and soften in microwave.
- Beat butter, orange and lemon rinds and sugar in a large bowl with an electrixc mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined.
- Combine flour, poppy seeds and orange juice. Fold this into the egg/butter mixture in two batches.
- Fill muffin cases to just a little below level.
- Bake in oven until the tops are brown and firm (~20 minutes).
- Stand for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool.