Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Kraft Canada website. This cheesecake would be the perfect addition to any spring or summer gathering!!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
HERE'S A WINNER OF A CHEESECAKE, especially if you enjoy the citrus flavors included here! Will admit that I used a good sized lemon AND lime (wanted all the zest I could get), & it was GREAT TASTING! Couldn't ask for a nicer dessert (unless, of course, it was chocolate)! [Tagged, made & reviewed for a teammate in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
- 1 1⁄4 cups honey maid graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 medium lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 medium lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup thawed Cool Whip Topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springrform pan).
- Combine graham crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Stir in poppy seed, lemon and lime peel and 2 tablespoons each of the lemon and lime juice.
- Discard any remaining juice.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped topping just before serving.
- Garnish with additional lemon and lime slices, if desired.
- Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.