Recipe by Rita~
A Light dish served over White Jasmin Rice. This is also good served cold. Left overs make a great salmon salad. You can 1/2 the liquid with no problem.
Top Review by Michelle Bensky
This was really wonderful. Someone who almost never cooks asked for the recipe after eating this. I also garnished this with round slices of the citrus that was used for zest and it was lovely. I will certainly make this again and again. Thank you for the terrific recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1⁄2 quart orange juice
- 1⁄2 quart grapefruit juice
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 -2 cup chopped lemongrass (tender white part only)
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 oranges, zest of or 1 grapefruits or 1 lemons or 1 lime, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine chicken stock, orange juice, grapefruit juice, white wine, onion, carrots, kaffir lime leaves, garlic and lemon grass.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes.This is to reduce so the liquid has more flavor and to soften the veggies.
- Reduce heat to a very low simmer.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) in the poaching liquid until flaky and tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as is garnished with fruit. Or chill place on a bed of greens garnished with fruit slices.