1/4 Photos of Citrus Poached Salmon
A Light dish served over White Jasmin Rice. This is also good served cold. Left overs make a great salmon salad. You can 1/2 the liquid with no problem.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1133.98 g salmon fillets
- 946.0 ml chicken stock
- 473.0 ml orange juice
- 473.0 ml grapefruit juice
- 473.18 ml white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 236.59-473.18 ml chopped lemongrass (tender white part only)
- 4.92 ml salt or 14.79 ml Thai fish sauce
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 1 oranges, zest of or 1 grapefruits or 1 lemons or 1 lime, for garnish
- 1In a large pot, combine chicken stock, orange juice, grapefruit juice, white wine, onion, carrots, kaffir lime leaves, garlic and lemon grass.
- 2Season with salt and white pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes.This is to reduce so the liquid has more flavor and to soften the veggies.
- 4Reduce heat to a very low simmer.
- 5Place the salmon (skin side down) in the poaching liquid until flaky and tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- 6Serve as is garnished with fruit. Or chill place on a bed of greens garnished with fruit slices.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Poached Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 657.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.9 mg
- Sodium 1134.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 65.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
oranges, zest of