A Light dish served over White Jasmin Rice. This is also good served cold. Left overs make a great salmon salad. You can 1/2 the liquid with no problem.
- 1133.98 g salmon fillets
- 946.0 ml chicken stock
- 473.0 ml orange juice
- 473.0 ml grapefruit juice
- 473.18 ml white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 29.58 ml minced garlic
- 236.59-473.18 ml chopped lemongrass (tender white part only)
- 4.92 ml salt or 14.79 ml Thai fish sauce
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 1 oranges, zest of or 1 grapefruits or 1 lemons or 1 lime, for garnish
- In a large pot, combine chicken stock, orange juice, grapefruit juice, white wine, onion, carrots, kaffir lime leaves, garlic and lemon grass.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes.This is to reduce so the liquid has more flavor and to soften the veggies.
- Reduce heat to a very low simmer.
- Place the salmon (skin side down) in the poaching liquid until flaky and tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve as is garnished with fruit. Or chill place on a bed of greens garnished with fruit slices.
This was really wonderful. Someone who almost never cooks asked for the recipe after eating this. I also garnished this with round slices of the citrus that was used for zest and it was lovely. I will certainly make this again and again. Thank you for the terrific recipe.
Very Very Good! Fast - Easy and delicious!!
I have served this several times. My family loves it, as well as dinner guests we have had. It's fairly simple, and delish!!!