Recipe by CoCaShe
I got this recipe from Weber's Real Grilling cookbook, and tried it today for my first tuna recipe. The marinade was great, although the cooking time seemed a bit short (the recipe says 3-4 minutes, turning once) so I increased it to 4 minutes per side and it was overdone. I'm including the original cooking times in this recipe, but it depends on the size of the steak, so I'll have to keep experimenting!
- 2 heads garlic, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except for the steaks in a bowl or large plastic bag.
- Marinade the steaks for about half an hour.
- Grill steaks on hot grill, 3-4 mintues turning once. The tuna steaks should be well seared on the outside but still pink on the inside.