Recipe by Alderaan
I like the ease of packet cooking, but I'm not crazy about any of the recipes on the aluminum foil site, so I cobbled together my own. The zucchini absorbs so much of the citrus flavor -- it's wonderful! I serve this over rice prepared with a pinch of saffron, which absorbs the leftover citrus juice.
Top Review by chef|kdh
This is a fun and easy recipe for orange roughy. I would suggest preparing the zucchini julienne style as it allows for a better presentation. My 2nd suggestion (as when I prepared this wonderful dish) was to saute the julienned zucchini separately and then place it atop the ornage roughy. I prefer a more crispy zucchini however. Fabulous, healthy recipe! Can't wait to make it again!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F or grill to medium-high.
- Prepare two 12x18" sheets of aluminum foil.
- Slice zucchini into 1/4" slices. Take two thin slices each off the ends of the lemon, the lime, and the orange.
- Place one slice of each fruit in the center of each sheet of foil. Place the orange roughy fillets over the slices. Taking the remaining fruit, squeeze juice over the fillets. Top the fillets with the sliced zucchini, and squeeze the fruit one more time over the slices.
- Bring up the sides of the foil. Double fold top and ends to seal the packets, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes on a cookie sheet in the oven, or grill from 10-12 minutes in a covered grill.
- Gently open packets -- watch out for the steam! -- and flip onto a plate to serve.