Recipe by Buddybearr
I got his recipe from Taste of Home's Light and Tasty magazine. It was created by Janet Escovitz of Pittsburgh PA. Like her, I too enjoy fish with crumb toppings that are full of flavor yet easy amd quick to make. You can use this also for any light fish ...Flounder, Catfish or Tilapia .
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 orange roughy (or any light fish mentioned above )
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and salt.
- In another bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce , butter, oil and lemon juice.
- Dip the fillets into the orange juice mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place fish into a 13 inch x 9 inch baking dish that has been coated with non-stick coating spray.
- Bake uncovered at 450 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.