Recipe by Sassy in da South
A wonderful fruity marinade makes these grilled chicken breasts explode with flavour. Cook/prep time does not include marination time of up to 4 hours.
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives (or finely chopped green onion)
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make citrus-honey marinade, finely shred the zest from the orange, lemon, and lime, then squeeze the juice from each fruit. (For the zest, be sure to grate only the colored part of the rind - leaving the bitter, white pith behind)
- Stir together juice and zest with the chives, mint, oil and honey.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade.
- Use the palm of your hand to flatten each chicken breast to an even thickness of about 3/4 inch.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Marinate chicken in citrus marinade 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat 4-6 min per side, brushing with reserved marinade.