Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from the issue of April 2007 of Coup de Pouce. These muffins have no eggs and no nuts.
Top Review by Nif
I decided not to rate this because I don't know what happened to my muffins, but we had to throw them out! :( The batter was really liquidy and the muffins were concave on top. The taste was good though! I went over the recipe again and again, but I definitely made it as instructed. I kind of wondered how 3/4 cup whole wheat flour could be enough for 12 muffins.
- 1 grapefruit, zest of, without the white part
- 1 orange, zest of, without the white part
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soften
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixer or food processor, mix the peels of grapefruit and orange with the buttermilk until the peels are finely chopped. Add sugar, salt and butter and beat well.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the mixture of buttermilk and mix until the mixture is wet, but do not mix too much.
- Spread the mixture in 12 greased muffins tins. Cook in a preheated oven of 375 F 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely. (They will be good up to 3 days in the refrigerator and up to 1 month in the freezer).