Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I'm saving this for Derby Day! From Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Citrus Mint Juleps recipe from Food.com.
- Combine mint, lemon juice, orange juice, and orange peel in a large heatproof bowl.
- Bring 5 cups water and sugar to boil in large saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil until syrup is reduced to 5 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over mint and juices. Let stand 15 minutes. Chill uncovered until cold, then cover and chill 1 day.
- Strain syrup into large pitcher, pressing on solids in strainer to release all syrup. Add bourbon, then 2 cups crushed ice and stir until ice dissolves.
- Pour bourbon mixture over crushed ice in galsses, garnish with mint sprigs.