Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe of the t.v years ago. Tried it loved it and so did the family and friends I have served it to.This recipes is very time consuming, but very yummy. Have a try.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup lemon spread (another name for it is lemon butter)
- 2 (250 g) packages ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 lemon juice
- 3 (250 g) containers light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar, mixture
- 300 ml thickened cream, whippped
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 caster sugar
- Combine juice and lemon butter in pan;stir over low heat until smooth;cool.
- Dip half the biscuits into the lemon butter mixture.
- Place biscuits in a single layer over a base of deep heat-proof dish (2. 5litre/10 cup capacity).
- Spread half the filling over biscuits.
- Dip remaining biscuits into lemon butter mixture; place these over filling; brush with any remaining lemon butter mixture.
- Top biscuits with remaining filling.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with meringue; grill or bake meringue in moderate oven for 3-5 minutes until brown;refrigerate.
- Filling: Beat juices,cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth;fold in cream.
- Meringue: Beat egg whites in small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beat until dissolved between additions.
- Hints: A citrus flavoured liqueur, such as cointreau, can be add to the recipe.
- Substitute 1/3 cup of the juice with liqueur in the lemon butter mixture.
- Recipe best made a day ahead.
- Top with meringue about 3hours before serving.