Recipe by Ms. Ayon's dishes
Perfect consistency and tart-sweet flavor combine to make a luscious marmalade. Deliciossso!!!
- 1 grapefruit
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- orange juice
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) envelope liquid pectin
- melted paraffin wax
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rind in saucepan and add water and baking soda. Bring to a boiling. Cover and simmer 20 minute Drain.
- Cut off all remaining white membrane from fruit. Section and dice into bowl.
- Combine rind and fruit in measuring cup. It should be about 3 cups. If not, add enough orange juice to make up amount. Transfer to very large saucepan or Dutch oven and bring to boiling. Cover and simmer 10 minute.
- Add sugar and mix well. Bring to a full rolling boil ( a boil that cannot be stirred down) and boil. Stirring 1 minute Remove from heat and immedaitely stir in pectin.
- Let stand 1-2 minute stirring once or twice. Then ladle into hot helly glasses or jars.
- Pour 1/8 inch hot paraffin over tops (paraffin should cling to sides of jars and contain no air bubbles).
- Cover with lids and store in cool, dark place.