Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
i wish i had found this recipe a few weeks ago, i think it would make a great gift! prep time includes one hour of marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 cup drained pitted kalamata olive
- 1 cup drained pitted gaeta olive
- 1⁄2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- orange wedges or lemon wedge, if desired
- mix olive oil, vinegar,both zests, rosemary and fennel in a bowl.
- add olives, cover, marinate for 1 hour or more.
- before serving add red pepper strips.
- garnish with rosemary sprigs and lemon& orange wedges.
Mmmmmmm.....this was lovely! I enjoyed the lemon and orange zest combined with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and the fennel-a wonderful way to marinate olives! Thanks chia!
I modified this recipe slightly and they were spectacular. *Eliminate rosemary and fennel Add 1/4 C each, lemon and oj 6 Lg cloves of garlic thinly sliced 1/4 C Fresh cilantro chopped 3 Tbsp Fresh parsley chopped 1/2 Tsp Dried Crushed red pepper