- 1 lb large green olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the olives of any brine and rinse thoroughly with cool water. Cover in cool water and allow to soak for at least 5 minutes and up to 5 hours.
- In a 1 to 1 1/2-quart container combine the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon zest and juice, red pepper flakes, tarragon, and curry powder.
- Add the olives and stir or shake to combine. Make sure the olives are submerged in the marinade.
- Allow to sit in a cool dry place for 1 day. Place in the refrigerator for another day or 2 before serving.