Recipe by Chef Shadows
A real surprise! The citrus brings out and accents the flavor of the mushrooms. The cooking time is the over night marination.
- 1 lb fresh medium mushroom, stems removed
- 2 large finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium orange, zest of, grated
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium lemon, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mushrooms, oil, zests and juices in a non reactive saucepan over high heat.
- Bring just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a glass jar or bowl, and stir in garlic, salt, mustard seed, oregano,cilantro, cayenne, and pepper.
- Allow to cool completely, then cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Drain mushrooms and serve.