Recipe by bbort
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a great Southwestern style dish that incorporates the rich smoky flavor of charred vegetables. The citrus juice in the marinade tenderizes the chicken and adds a bright flavor. Roasted jalapeno and sweet corn in the salsa adds excitement and depth to the dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 limes, juice of, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 ear sweet corn, shucked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
Directions See How It's Made
- In food storage bag combine lemon juice, all but 1 teaspoon of the lime juice, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to make marinade. Add chicken, seal and shake the bag to coat chicken evenly. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour. Remove chicken ½ hour before cooking.
- Make salsa by turning broiler on high. Form two pieces of Reynold’s Wrap foil into two shallow bowls. Place jalapeno and ear of corn in foil to prevent from rolling under broiler. Place both the jalapeno and corn on a baking sheet under the broiler on highest oven rack. Broil turning often until jalapeno is completely charred and corn is slightly charred on all sides. Do not turn off broiler.
- Place charred jalapeno in a small bowl and cover with Reynold’s Wrap foil. Set aside for five minutes. Meanwhile slice kernels off cob and place in a bowl. Add black beans, tomatoes, onion, ½ tablespoon olive oil, remaining cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Remove jalapeno from bowl and peel off charred skin. Slice off both ends. Cut a slit down the jalapeno and remove the seeds. Finely chop jalapeno and stir into the corn mixture. Cover and set aside.
- Heat a remaining olive oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and cook 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and place on a baking sheet lined with Reynold’s Wrap foil. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Place chicken on serving dish. Spoon roasted corn salsa over top of chicken and serve immediately.