Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 oranges
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus
- 1 pinch cayenne, for the dressing
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 large head radicchio
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula, stemmed and thoroughly cleaned
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano, stripped of leaves then chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 1Preheat a grill pan or outdoor grill on high.
- 2Zest 2 of the 3 oranges and put the orange zest in a large, shallow dish. Juice half an orange and add to the zest.
- 3To the zest and juice, add the garlic, 3 Tbs EVOO, 1/4 t. cayenne, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- 4Add the chicken breasts, toss to coat thoroughly, and let marinate for 5 minutes.
- 5While the chicken is marinating, with a paring knife cut the skin and white pith from the 2 remaining whole oranges, being sure to remove it all. Slice the oranges into disks and place in a salad bowl.
- 6Cut the radicchio in quarters through the core, cut the core off from each quarter, and then thinly shred the radicchio and add to the oranges.
- 7Add the red onions and arugula.
- 8To make the dressing, juice the other half orange into a small bowl and add the pinch of cayenne, the oregano, honey, and mustard. In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the 4 remaining Tbs of EVOO.
- 9Transfer the marinated chicken to the grill and cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 10Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes. Lightly toast the bread.
- 11Thinly slice the grilled chicken on an angle, add to the salad, and then pour the dressing over. Toss to combine and serve with the toasted bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Marinated Chicken and Orange Salad
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.3
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 544.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: