Recipe by teresas
This is a great dish for a summer meat. The marinade gives the chicken an appetizing flavor and helps keeps it succulent and moist during cooking. Time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by Annacia
I made this last night with the pineapple juice option. Big yum factor here and was great along with garlic rice and a carrot and apple salad. Would certainly make this again. :D
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 orange, juice and rind
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped, plus a few sprig to garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup beer, tequila (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a nonmetallic dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste.
- Pour over the chicken and turn to coat well, then cover and let marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- If possible, let marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the broiler to medium.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken on a broiler rack and cook under the hot broiler for 20-25 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is tender and the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
- Brush with the marinade occasionally, but not for the last few minutes of the cooking time.
- Garnish with cilantro springs.