Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fresh tasting margarita! If I am using a premium tequila, I don't salt the rim since I think it takes away from the flavor of the tequila.
- 1 cup orange-flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup grapefruit juice
- lime wedge
- margarita salt
- Combine liqueur, tequila, orange juice, lime juice and grapefruit juice in a large pitcher and mix well.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator.
- To serve, rub the rims of margarita glasses with lime wedges and dip in margarita salt, rotating gently to cover the rims evenly.
- Fill the salt-filled glasses with ice.
- Shake the chilled margarita mixture in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and strain into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish each serving with orange, lime and/or grapefruit slices.
Great recipe! A bit healthier than store bought margarita mix. I used half the amount of triple sec, half simple syrup, and lemon juice instead of grapefruit. It was a hit with my guests. Thank you.