Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
this makes a nice side dish, or a meal on it's own
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 12 ounces linguine
- zest the lemon and orange.
- add cream, zests and half and half to skillet and reduce about 10 minutes.
- add cognac.
- in boiling salted water cook linguine until al dente.
- add drained pasta to sauce, add cheese and cook until sauce thickens, 1 minute.
This was really, really good! The lemon and orange gave it an unusual, very tasty flavor. (We are used to boring Alfredo sauces!) I overcooked it a litte, but that is not the recipe's fault -- plus picky DH loved it. Definitely a keeper! We ate it by itself with fresh parmesan grated over it and a little bit of freshly ground black pepper.