Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this recipe from wholefoodsmarket.com
- 1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups honey frosted flakes, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toss the chicken pieces together with the orange juice concentrate and half of the garlic in a sealable plastic baggie. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours, turning over occasionally.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the frosted flake crumbs, coconut, brown sugar, curry powder and the remaining garlic up. Before beginning, set aside half of the frosted flake mixture.
- With one hand, dip each chicken piece into the egg, shaking off additional drips, and place on the frosted flake mixture. With the other hand, coat each chicken piece evenly with frosted flake mixture. Place coated chicken onto a parchment-lined or nonstick baking sheet. Repeat, adding more of the reserved frosted flake mixture as needed, until all pieces are coated.
- Drizzle chicken pieces with melted butter and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Prep time does NOT include marinade time.
These were good. I had a bit of an issue with the breading not being very crispy. I think I might play around with the recipe in the future to see if I can remedy that. I cut the brown sugar because I was using sweetened coconut flakes. I also added some crushed red pepper flake to the orange marinade. My kids liked them and it made a lot. I have a bunch for freezer meals now.