Recipe by free-free
We love to soak all our seafood in citrus marinades, but this combo of marinade and dry rub was a special treat! We used our indoor Foreman "infusion" grill, that unfortunately is no longer made but I'm sure any grilling application would produce similar delicious results.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Grilled this for the DS and I for lunch today. Loved the seasonings and the citrus flavors were excellent, though a tad over powering for us. Great recipe, might cut down on the citrus flavors next time. I will make again un the future. Made for your win in I recommend .. March contest.
- 2 -4 salmon fillets (8 oz per person is plenty)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 -2 lemon, juice and zest of (be sure to set some zest aside for dry rub as well.)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- lemon pepper ("Dash" makes a great product)
- lime pepper
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (black, white and pink)
- chopped garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- This is not chemistry -- all ingredients can be adjusted to personal preference.
- Generously sprinkle filets with various peppers and rub in, massaging gently.
- Soak in marinaded with rubbed side up for approximately 1/2 hour.
- Place filets on grill surface(same side up) and coat top with a bit more marinade, then "crust" with more peppers and the lemon zest.
- This makes a wonderful light main dish, recommend serving with couscous, over a bed af steamed greens. Leftovers are fabulous the following day also, as a chilled lunch salad!