We love to soak all our seafood in citrus marinades, but this combo of marinade and dry rub was a special treat! We used our indoor Foreman "infusion" grill, that unfortunately is no longer made but I'm sure any grilling application would produce similar delicious results.
- 2 -4 salmon fillets (8 oz per person is plenty)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 -2 lemon, juice and zest of (be sure to set some zest aside for dry rub as well.)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- lemon pepper ("Dash" makes a great product)
- lime pepper
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (black, white and pink)
- chopped garlic
- This is not chemistry -- all ingredients can be adjusted to personal preference.
- Generously sprinkle filets with various peppers and rub in, massaging gently.
- Soak in marinaded with rubbed side up for approximately 1/2 hour.
- Place filets on grill surface(same side up) and coat top with a bit more marinade, then "crust" with more peppers and the lemon zest.
- This makes a wonderful light main dish, recommend serving with couscous, over a bed af steamed greens. Leftovers are fabulous the following day also, as a chilled lunch salad!
Grilled this for the DS and I for lunch today. Loved the seasonings and the citrus flavors were excellent, though a tad over powering for us. Great recipe, might cut down on the citrus flavors next time. I will make again un the future. Made for your win in I recommend .. March contest.
I cooked mine in my grill pan on the stovetop. I enjoyed the citrus flavors and loved the pepper rub! Thanks!
This worked good. I ended up broiling it because my BBQ is acting up. I'm sure it'd be superb on the BBQ. Thanks for sharing.