Recipe by Wenstar
This recipe was posted in response for Russian Tea using "real" ingredients. I have not tried this yet but it sounds lovely. It came from the Iced Tea book by Fred Thompson. Since Russian tea has cinnamon in it you could add a cinnamon stick to the infusing process.
- 6 cloves
- 8 cups cold water
- 9 regular sized tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cloves with two cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, remove from heat and let cloves steep for at least 45 minutes, preferably 1 hour.
- Bring two cups of the remaining water to a gentle boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the tea bags, cover and remove from heat.
- Let steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags with out squeezing them.
- Squeezing them will release more tannins into your tea and make it bitter.
- Strain the clove water into a 2 quart container.
- Add the steeped tea, orange juice, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the remaining 4 cups of water and stir to combine.
- Let cool.
- then chill and serve over ice.