Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is from The Best Of Country Cooking. Very refreshing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 6 cups brewed tea, chilled
- In a large saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add juices and lime peel.
- Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup; refrigerate 2 hours.
- For one serving: Add 1/4 cup syrup to 3/4 cup tea.
A very nice change from plain brewed tea. My DH likes his tea sweeter than I do and it was nice to be able to flavor our tea seperately.
We both loved this ice tea! What a refreshing change of pace. I followed the recipe exactly and it came out perfect! Thanks for posting!
This is the way i usually make sangria, as i have been deprived this summer of drinking it i went on and made this. I liked it and am used to making the sugar/citrus syrup. I did put orange/lemon/lime slices in the syrup to soak up additional flavor. I love fruit teas, but brewed ones, can't stand that instant stuff!! I liked this.