Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the companion ice ring for Sparkling Party Punch (non-alcoholic), posted here at Recipezaar. I have, on occasion, replaced one lemon with a small orange to give it a very colourful look. Prep time includes overnight freezing, although this will last in the freezer for a few days.
- It is best if the lime is as close in size to the lemons as possible.
- Cut lemons and lime in half lengthwise; with cut side down, cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- You will need a ring mold, preferably the kind with grooves in the bottom-- I use my tupperware jello mold and it's perfect.
- With the rind edge down, stand slices up around circle-- 1 lime, 2 lemon, 1 cherry, 2 lemon, all close together.
- Repeat five more times.
- Pour in enough water to be 1/2-inch deep.
- When frozen, pour in an inch more water; freeze.
- When frozen, repeat.
- Keep doing this until mold is full.
- The reason you do this in stages is to prevent the fruit from floating.
- To unmold, run cold water over the bottom; it will then slip out.
- Place round side up in punch-- preferably Sparkling Party Punch (non-alcoholic), posted as a separate recipe here at Recipezaar(#24691).