This is the companion ice ring for Sparkling Party Punch (non-alcoholic), posted here at Recipezaar. I have, on occasion, replaced one lemon with a small orange to give it a very colourful look. Prep time includes overnight freezing, although this will last in the freezer for a few days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1It is best if the lime is as close in size to the lemons as possible.
- 2Cut lemons and lime in half lengthwise; with cut side down, cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- 3You will need a ring mold, preferably the kind with grooves in the bottom-- I use my tupperware jello mold and it's perfect.
- 4With the rind edge down, stand slices up around circle-- 1 lime, 2 lemon, 1 cherry, 2 lemon, all close together.
- 5Repeat five more times.
- 6Pour in enough water to be 1/2-inch deep.
- 8When frozen, pour in an inch more water; freeze.
- 9When frozen, repeat.
- 10Keep doing this until mold is full.
- 11The reason you do this in stages is to prevent the fruit from floating.
- 12To unmold, run cold water over the bottom; it will then slip out.
- 13Place round side up in punch-- preferably Sparkling Party Punch (non-alcoholic), posted as a separate recipe here at Recipezaar(#24691).
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Ice Ring for Punch
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g