Recipe by txgammi
Some people prefer to let their hair blow where it may. But for those of you looking for something to keep those stray hairs from wandering, check out this citrus hair spray concoction: (cooking time is estimated)
Top Review by blancpage
Wow, a homemade hairspray? Neat, but this worries me a bit because of the citrus factor - citrus of all kinds can affect one's sensitivity to the sun. For example, lemon juice and sunlight will cause a bleaching affect, citrus oils such as grapefruit, lemon, orange, etc. applied topically on the skin increases the skin's sensitivity to UV rays (easier to get sunburned). I am wondering how this infusion process with a real orange might or might not cause issues as I mentioned above. I could be wrong, it's just a curious thought I had while reading this. Interesting idea though. :) Have you tried this txgammi?
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop one peeled orange.
- Add it to 2 cups boiling water.
- Boil until about half of the original amount of liquid remains.
- Cool, strain out the oranges, and store the remaining liquid in a spray bottle.
- If it becomes too sticky, you can add a little more water.
- If you plan to keep it around a while, add 1 ounce of rubbing alcohol, and store the spray in the refrigerator.
- It'll keep for 2-3 weeks.