1/1 Photo of Citrus Grilled Turkey Breast (Light)
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Instead of the usual outdoor barbecue, treat your guests to a sit-down dinner featuring this delicious grilled entree with a luscious herb and citrus gravy. Recipe comes from the test kitchen of Light and Tasty Magazine. Could substitute several chicken breasts with skin, but would need to cut back on grilling/cooking time. Recipes states that a serving is 4 ounces cooked turkey with 3 tablespoons gravy equals 192 calories and for diabetic exchanges = 5 very lean meat and 1/2 fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 turkey breast (4 to 5 pounds with bone-in)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley sprig
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Using fingers, carefully loosen the skin from both sides of turkey breast. In a food processor or blender, combine the parsley, basil, butter, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Spread under turkey skin; arrange lemon and orange slices over herb mixture. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- 2Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place turkey over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and juices run clear. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, pour pan drippings into a measuring cup; skim fat. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Add the orange juice, orange peel, lemon peel, pepper and pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Discard the skin, lemon and orange slices from turkey breast. Remove herb mixture from turkey; stir into gravy. Slice turkey and serve with gravy.
- 4NOTE: Recipes states that it makes 8 servings but with leftovers, so Zaar calculation will be off from what theirs states due to leftovers.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Grilled Turkey Breast (Light)
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 261.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 31.7 g