carmel housewife's Note:
I like to make this with my leftover grilled chicken. The flavor of the smokey chicken goes great with the sweet flavor of this chicken salad. This transforms your leftover chicken, turning leftovers into a gourmet lunch. My recipe is made with boneless skinless breasts, but it is great with any style of grilled chicken. Quickly made with the food processor, the chicken will be in tiny pieces. The texture and flavor goes great with avocado.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pulse grilled boneless skinless chicken into food processor in 2 batches.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine melted marmalade, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- 3Add chicken and stir to combine. Test to see if more salt or mayonnaise is needed.
- 4Toast coconut in 400F oven. Remove, stir and replace. When done, immediately transfer to to a large plate.
- 5When ready to serve:.
- 6Slice avocados in half and remove pits.
- 7Using a large spoon, carefully remove avocados from skin and place in top of 2 lettuce leaves. Dash salt over avocados.
- 8Spoon chicken salad into avocado halves.
- 9Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Grilled Chicken Salad (For Leftover Grilled Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.3
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 321.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: