Recipe by carmel housewife
I like to make this with my leftover grilled chicken. The flavor of the smokey chicken goes great with the sweet flavor of this chicken salad. This transforms your leftover chicken, turning leftovers into a gourmet lunch. My recipe is made with boneless skinless breasts, but it is great with any style of grilled chicken. Quickly made with the food processor, the chicken will be in tiny pieces. The texture and flavor goes great with avocado.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces apricot marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt (to taste, depending on how salty your chicken was)
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2⁄3 cup coconut flakes
- 2 avocados
- 8 leaves boston lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pulse grilled boneless skinless chicken into food processor in 2 batches.
- In a mixing bowl, combine melted marmalade, mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and stir to combine. Test to see if more salt or mayonnaise is needed.
- Toast coconut in 400F oven. Remove, stir and replace. When done, immediately transfer to to a large plate.
- When ready to serve:.
- Slice avocados in half and remove pits.
- Using a large spoon, carefully remove avocados from skin and place in top of 2 lettuce leaves. Dash salt over avocados.
- Spoon chicken salad into avocado halves.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.