Recipe by Gingerbear
The prep time does not include time for marinating.
Top Review by Bergy
What a delight this recipe is to make - Easy enough for everyday and would lend itself well for a special company dinner . The citrus flavors are wonderful & i like the cilantro & almonds garnish Thanks for a lovely recipe Gingerbear.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large navel orange, halved
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ground cumin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a shallow glass dish.
- Pour olive oil over chicken, and then squeeze the juice of one orange half and one lemon half over the top.
- Add minced garlic, then sprinkle with paprika, ground cumin, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Turn chicken breasts to evenly coat and blend marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill or non-stick indoor grill pan over medium heat.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken about 5 minutes, then turn.
- Add remaining lemon and orange halves to grill.
- Cook chicken until well browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Using tongs, pick up lemon and orange halves, and carefully squeeze juice over chicken.
- Serve on a bed of rice, with additional slices or wedges of lemon or orange, if desired.
- Sprinkle with slivered almonds and freshly chopped cilantro.
- This is delicious with steamed broccoli or asparagus.
- Tip: Citrus Grilled Chicken is also great sliced and served on a bed of fresh salad greens for a quick and healthy dinner salad.