Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Cooking Light and has a wonderful fresh taste and is a slightly new take on an old favorite side dish.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup sliced shallot (about 2 large)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add green beans; stir well. Add rind, juice, pepper, and salt; sauté 2 minutes. Spoon onto a platter; sprinkle with nuts.
Very good green beans!! I made as is, just decreased the amount of shallots to 1 1/2 (for DH). Will be making these again, they have a fresh light flavor. Made for Photo Tag.
Made as directed, easy and very good, I love that citrus tang and anything with pinenuts has to be good! can't go wrong with this one, thank you Jan, made for PRMR tag game