1/2 Photos of Citrus-Glazed Salmon
MA HIKER's Note:
Another salmon recipe with a nice sweet glaze to liven up the mild taste of the fish. (edited May 2007 to reflect comments on cooking time - was originally 4 to 6 min per half inch)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, skin removed
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- 2Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Measure the thickest portion of the fillet.
- 4Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place in a shallow baking pan; set aside.
- 5In a small bowl stir together marmalade, green onions, garlic, wine, ginger, mustard, cayenne pepper, and five-spice powder. Spoon mixture over salmon.
- 6Bake, uncovered, for 6 to 12 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork. (have gotten varied responses on how long this takes, so definitely test it!)
- 7Transfer fish and glaze to a serving dish with a lip.
- 8Sprinkle with almonds.
- 9Serve with steamed asparagus, if desired.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus-Glazed Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 102.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: