Recipe by GotBoxer?
This recipe is such a wonderful change from ribs with thick BBQ sauce. This is perfect for a hot summer day with a side of pineapple coleslaw and homemade baked beans.
- 4 lbs pork ribs
- 1 -2 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in a large roasting pan (DO NOT cut into smaller pieces; I use a large jelly roll pan with a large metal cooling rack on top).
- Sprinkle with celery salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 3 hours at 275 degrees until tender. Try against all temptation not to peek!
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar and salt. Stir in the lime juice and orange juice, cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mint and lemon and lime peel.
- Remove ribs from oven and brush with some of the sauce.
- Finally move ribs to the grill to finish cooking and give them that wonderful "I've been grilled all day long" color. Cook for about 10 minutes on each side over an open grill at medium heat.
- Baste several times with the citrus sauce while grilling.