Recipe by evelyn/athens
If you've been following my recipes then you've probably already realized I'm nuts about citrus tastes - especially lemons. This cake is as bright and sunny as a day in the Mediterranean.
- 8 ounces butter, at room temperature
- 1 grated orange, zest of
- 1 grated lemon, zest of
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 lb Greek yogurt or 1⁄2 lb sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300F (this low temperature is correct).
- Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- Cream butter with zests, vanilla and sugar for 8 minutes (this is important for a light, high cake!).
- Add baking powder and salt.
- Add flour, alternately with eggs and yoghurt.
- Combine well, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Empty batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake until done, approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove and let stand on rack for 10 minutes.
- Heat together glaze ingredients until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Pour over cake.
- Let stand 30 minutes longer before removing from pan.
- Cool completely.