Recipe by Dreamgoddess
Even though this recipe is simple to prepare, it looks very elegant on a platter garnished with ruffled greens and orange slices. I served this at a large family gathering and everyone commented on the wonderful combination of flavors in this ham. From Southern Living April 2006.
Top Review by Amy_J
This was excellent. We had this for Christmas 2007 dinner and everyone raved and kept asking me what was in the glaze/sauce. The sugar in the pop/marmalade and brown sugar caramelized very nicely!
- 1 (6 -7 lb) fully cooked bone-in ham
- 32 whole cloves
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle orange soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the fat on the ham to 1/4" thickness; score in a diamond pattern.
- Insert the cloves into the ham and place it in a 9x13" pan.
- Combine the soft drink, marmalade, brown sugar and mustard; pour over the ham.
- Basting every 20 minutes with pan juices, bake the ham at 350 degrees for approximately 2 1/2 hours.
- Let the ham rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish as desired.