Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This flavored salt is great as a finishing touch to steamed veggies or other dishes. It comes from The Steamy Kitchen cookbook by Jaden Hair. This cookbook is a great collection of Asian dishes for every night dinner at home. Note - use sea salt or kosher salt. Table salt is not recommended.
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange rind (lemon works too)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt or 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread the grated ginger and orange rind on the paper.
- Bake at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes. It should be completely dry.
- Combine the dried ginger and orange rind with the salt.
i love making my own seasoning and this will be a lovely one cakepops on parade chinese leg of quest