Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A mayonnaise based dip for raw veggies or steamed asparagus. Try also with cooked prawns. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour or until serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and place on platter; surround with various raw veggies, or steamed asparagus (or peeled, cooked prawns).
We though this dip was just great ~ Enjoyed the flavor combo of orange, garlic & ginger especially! I did substitute lemon pepper for the usual S&P & also added another measure of OJ so that the dip would be a little more saucy! Very, very nice! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my theme Dippy Do Dah! in the current Comfort Cafe]
I'm not sure if my orange was a super potent one, but it took over all the other flavours. I had the dip last night with asparagus and today with cauliflower. I liked it better with the second one. I think if I made this dip again I would add the seasonings slowly and keep tasting it because for me it was to strong.