3 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter flavor shortening
- 2/3-3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1In a large bowl, beat together shortening, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed until light and creamy (2-3 minutes).
- 2Add egg, honey, and wine; continue beating until well blended.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together flour, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Add dry mixture to creamed mixture.
- 5Add all peels and mix until well blended.
- 6Shape dough into a roll about 2-inches in diameter.
- 7Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight or at least for 3 hours.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Slice dough into 1/8-inch thick rounds.
- 10Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 11Bake until light brown (8 minutes).
- 12Cool on cookie sheets for 4 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.0 mg
- Sodium 55.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: