Recipe by mollypaul
The sassy, citrusy taste is a perfect foil for seafood or chicken salad. Refrigeration time not included in preparation time. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons gelatin, softened in
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapefruit juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatin in cold water for five minutes.
- Boil sugar and water together for three minutes or until clear.
- Pour over softened gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Cool and add fruit juices and salt; pour into a ring mold.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves or mesclun and fill center with mayonnaise or seafood, chicken or meat salad.