Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
a real quick meal, for unexprected company, topped with parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 5 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, and deveined
- shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine oil,juices, garlic, lemon peel, orange peel, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and blend till fully blended.
- Pour into a large skillet, cook under medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and stir in shrimp.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink.
- Turn off heat, and drain linguine, and mix with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and parsley.
It wasn't bad but way TOO much lemon juice. I do like the fact that you can taste all of the fruits in each bite. I did find the need to add extra salt. Next time I'll lessen the lemon juice and see how it comes out.
Great recipe! Bright Citrus flavors, rich mouth feel, but not heavy, and you can't beat that it's done in the time it takes to cook the pasta! I cut the recipe in half but didn't add all the pasta and added a few more shrimp. DH and I ate most of it for one meal, with a snacks worth left over. This is elegant enough for a dinner party - love that it's no fuss! Made for PRMRT
Fabulous. Such bright flavors! I enjoyed the fresh citrus flavoring with the shrimp and pasta. Yummy! Thank you for an easy and elegant meal. ~Made for the Aussie/NZ Sept. Swap~