Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I make these candles for my Thanksgiving centerpiece every year, and I always get compliments on them. They also make great gifts! I use 5 candles in various sizes, but you can use as many as you'd like. You can use cinnamon sticks in place of fruit if you don’t have time to dry the fruit out.
- Slice the oranges, limes and lemons 1/8-inch thick.
- Put a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet and lay each piece of sliced fruit on the rack.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- When the oven is hot, place the rack of fruit in the oven and let “bake” for two hours (if your fruit is taking a long time to dry, turn the oven off and leave the fruit in overnight.
- When the fruit is dry and cool, hot-glue the citrus pieces to one another by overlapping them in line with the candle’s base. Do not glue-gun the candle directly or the wax will melt.
- When the candles are completely decorated, and the glue is dry, stagger the candles in the middle of your Thanksgiving table and weave the berry branch throughout.