1/2 Photos of Citrus French Toast
If you don't have self rising flour, use plain and add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and if calories are not an issue, use some more butter or margarine for frying, it makes it even nicer and more like cake. Serve with honey or syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 grated lemons, zest of or 1/2 grated limes, zest of or 1/2 grated orange, zest of, more if you like
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 4 slices at least one day old bread, cut diagonally
- 1In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and zest.
- 2Add the milk and mix until you have a smooth and lump free batter.
- 3Add the egg and vanilla, mix, now add the melted butter and mix again.
- 4Heat a non-stick frying.
- 5Dip and coat the bread in the batter, fry until light golden.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 517.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of