Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Bread has a fine, light texture. Perfect accompaniment for fish or chicken dishes. From Betty Crocker Bread Machine book. cook time depends on your particular bread machine.
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- place all ingredients in bread machine in order as listed.
- be sure water is at room temperature.
- bake as per machine manufacturer's instructions.
- you may use either regular or rapid bake cycles.
- the crust on this bread is a naturally light color.
This bread has a nice subtle orange flavor. I had to add some extra flour during the knead cycle, but it ended up rising perfectly.