From an old Dallas Cowboys Wives cookbook - fish with a great tropical flair!
Make and share this Citrus Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fish fillets
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 3 oranges, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pats
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons water
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish. Place sliced onions in a layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Place fish fillets on top of the onions and season with the seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and parsley.
- Place the bay leaves in the pan around the fish. Squeeze the lemon and orange slices over the fish, then place the slices around the fish in the pan.
- Place pats of butter around the fish in the pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, warm the apricot and pineapple preserves with the water.
- After the 20 minutes, remove from oven and remove foil. Drain most of the liquid from the pan.
- Spoon the warmed preserves over the fish. Sprinkle the pecans over the preserves.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 10 more minutes.