1/2 Photos of Citrus-Fennel Salad
From Cuisine at Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml orange, peeled and sliced into rounds (2 oranges)
- 236.59 ml fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml radish, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml oil-cured black olive, pitted and slivered
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, shaved
Combine for Vinaigrette
- 29.58 ml fresh orange juice
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml shallot, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml fennel seed, toasted and crushed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
Gently Toss with
- 946.36 ml arugula, cleaned and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1To peel oranges, cut off top and bottom, just to the pulp.
- 2Cut away peel and pith, following curve of the fruit.
- 3Cut orange into thin rounds.
- 4Thinly slice the fennel using a knife or a mandoline.
- 5Trim the stems and roots from radishes, and thinly slice.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Use an olive pitter to pit olives, or crush them with the side of a chefs knife and remove the pit.
- 8Slice olives into very small slivers.
- 9Toast fennel seeds.
- 10Then, with mortar and pestle, crush seeds until fragrant.
- 11Whisk them into remaining vinaigrette ingredients.
- 12In a large bowl, toss the fennel, radishes, and vinaigrette with arugula.
- 13Use your hands its gentler on the greens and coats them evenly.
- 14To assemble the salad, first lay down 34 orange rounds.
- 15Mound some salad mixture on top.
- 16Garnish with olives and shaved Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Citrus-Fennel Salad
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 468.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar