Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Published in Cooking Light magazine, December 2006.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and ground nutmeg in a bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, granulated and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.
- Gradually add flour mixture and cranberries; beat at low speed until combined.
- Shape dough into 55 (1-inch) balls. Place the balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or until almost firm. Let stand on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove cookies from baking sheets; cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine powedered sugar, lemon juice and orange zest in a bowl. Stir with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.