Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can't remember what magazine it is from. This desert requires at least 5 hours of freezing time before serving
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- shredded coconut, toasted
- Line a 5x9 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap allowing a 4 inch overhang on all sides.
- In a small bowl stir together the wafers, butter and salt, press evenly into the bottom of the pan and freeze.
- In a double boiler, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar and cook, whisking until the sugar has dissolved, around 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the citrus peel and juice over low heat until the mixture has thickened, around 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the custard.
- Pour the filling over the crust. Fold the plastic wrap over the cake and freeze for at least 5 hours over overnight.
- To serve run a wet knife around the sides of the pan and invert onto a platter, discarding plastic wrap,
- Sprinkle with the coconut.
I loooove this recipe. It's from the Rachel Ray mag! So good. Thanks for posting!