Recipe by FloridaNative
From "Christmas with Southern Living 2006" Spoon this refreshing curd over Ginger-Honey Bread, scones or fresh fruit. NOTE: A thick-skinned navel orange will yield the best rind for this recipe.
Top Review by Studentchef
Delicious!!!!!!!!!! I accidentally added juice from half an orange before I looked at the recipe and realized it wasn't necassary. but you know what, it turned out great anyhow! I used this as a topping for Recipe#242405
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind (about 3 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind (about 3 limes)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind (about 1 large orange)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except eggs) in a heavy non-aluminum saucepan. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat, 8 to 10 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Gradually whisk about one-fourth of the hot sugar syrup into beaten eggs; add to remaining hot syrup, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook 12 to 15 minutes, stirring gently or until curd thickens and coats a spoon; let cool.
- Cover and chill overnight.