Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I keep this on hand in refrigerator. We like it best on spinach salad!
Make and share this Citrus-cumin Salad Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (1 small one)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mince garlic and mash to a paste with 1/4 tsp salt, then whisk together with orange and lime juices, shallot, honey cumin and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well blended. Whisk in pepper.
Starbucks used to have this great curry chicken couscous quinoa salad with a citrus cumin dressing. Sadly, they don't make it anymore, but now I can make my own with this dressing! Half n half quinoa and couscous, either curry chicken or tofu, grapes, pine nuts and whatever other veggies you like; tomatoes, chickpeas, carrots, red bell pepper... I like all those in mine. This is my favorite thing now whenever I have to brownbag a lunch. And I don't even like couscous... Also, just as tasty with only quinoa instead of couscous if you're gluten free.
YUM! Like the last reviewer, I used ground cumin and onion instead. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly and it was terrific! I sauteed some shrimp with some citrus seasoning and topped my mixed green salad with the shrimp and the dressing. It was terrific! Thanks!
Great quick tasty salad dressing for dinner. I sub'd ground cumin(is all we had)and onion for shallots(close?) It was awesome with the potato omelet we had. Thanks for a quick and tasty dressing. Will definately make again.